Thursday, February 22, 2007
Brush, brush, brush
I hate that I'm going to go to bed and will go to work not knowing who got kicked off American Idol (what will I discuss at the water cooler?) but I'm super tired. However, I have taken lots of cute pictures the past 2 days and the urge to post some won out over me actually going to bed.
Emily passed her Nurse's medical Board exam and we went out for Mexican tonight to celebrate! It was fun to get together and Daniel, uh, I mean, Dellaina is always entertaining. I was amazed; she seemed to really listen/respond to him. We had been putting pieces of chicken or tortilla in front of her and she'd immediately hand them back, but Daniel would put a piece down and say authoritatively, "eat you chicken" and take her paci out and she'd stare at him and comply! Like she was entranced. How odd! I know I'm inflating his ego/head way more by reporting this fact, but I was intrigued, if not impressed.
I've been working on stuff for the Homeowners' Association since we got home (hence having not watched TV). We are going around door to door this weekend and I'm really nervous about how it's all going to play out. I can no longer temper or control the responses the other Board members give out on these personal visits! Whereas, previously, I've been in charge of correspondence and could control the communication and make sure it was accurate, etc. I don't know what I get myself into sometimes.
So, in Dellaina news. . she did really well brushing her teeth last night! I was so impressed and just happened to have my camera handy. I love how her toes are all spread out on her left foot and curled up on her right. I wonder if curling toes is an equivalent phenomenon/reaction to the opening-your-mouth-to-put-on-eye-makeup (or contacts). Since it's warming up, she was wearing her silk PJ's courtesy of the newest package from Mama Megan & Ella. Her hair has also been curlier this week due to the warm weather/humidity! This morning she went right to Ms. Georgia and even gave her a long hug. She sat at the table and happily ate her Nilla Wafers and I was able to hang out for a while, again, which was nice. I missed being able to be in the room because of her fits lately. She did start to get a little worked up when I was leaving, but it wasn't nearly what it's been the past few mornings and she was easily distracted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yay for teeth brushing! so far all i can get k.lo to do is brush the little girl in the mirror's teeth.
Dallaina's brushing her teeth!? How old is she now, 5? So advanced! :) What a cutie.
-Em
Obviously much more advanced than her aunt who can't even spell her name right!! Stupid typo!
Post a Comment