Thursday, February 15, 2007

I heart my Fridge

Per Megan's Ice Box challenge, I proudly show off our refrigerator. I really love our fridge. (Why does Fridge have a 'd' but refrigerator doesn't? Or for that matter how is Bo a nickname for William? Or Betsy for Elizabeth?) It's an LG, which I'd only heard of making cell phones before, but apparently is a big European company (so it must be good, right?) It's also Titanium, not stainless steel, so it supposedly has less fingerprints, which I think it probably true. I try to talk as many people into the Bottom Mount (freezer on the bottom) style as I can. (I don't know why we try to sell people on our own likes, but it's about convenience and satisfaction, so why wouldn't we want to share, right? Apparently, I'm having lots of extra thoughts tonight and looking for validation everywhere!) Even Greg, who's tall, was leery when I first mentioned it years ago when we were looking, but has come around since having it. He was the one who didn't want [allow] stuff on the front of it. When it was new, especially, he didn't want to clutter it up with the typical collection of things most people attach to the fridge. I reluctantly agreed, but have found it is nice to keep it looking slick and am impressed it's lasted this long, actually; at least from the front. We compromised and I still fill the side with all of the obligatory calendars, pictures, magnets, and appointment reminders. I don't know why people think this is a junky look! Occasionally, when we get special things like invites or pictures, we display them for a limited amount of time on the front before they are retired to a shoebox. Normally, the only thing that stays on the front is the magnet (top right) of the girl kissing the boy who's holding flowers that I gave Greg back in high school, I think! As you see in the pictures, we received a right cute Valentine from Anna (Levi & Jennifer's) with her adorable picture and we also got a very artistic Valentine from Dellaina from school. It's embossed red metal on pink foam backing! I thought it was neat. I like tin ornaments and such, so it's right up my alley. Inside the fridge is pretty telling, too: the ever-present BOX o' wine, oh yes! Bottle of wine, Brita water Pitcher, water bottles, box of Diet Caffeine Free Cokes, loads of condiments and multiple containers of left overs and partially eaten items of Dellaina's. Megan didn't include her freezer, but I'm throwing mine in for good measure. (The uber competitor that she is, I bet she runs home and snaps a picture of it to post!) Fish sticks we just bought for Dellaina to try - she ate 2-3 of them tonight, yea! Bag of chicken, bags of frozen veggies, waffles, corn dogs, lasagna, frozen shrimp for the fish, hamburger meat still in the grocery bag, Pillsbury rolls from?? Ice cream left over from Dellaina's party (think it might be time to throw that out! freezer burn!) Also ice cream in mini cups on the door left over from I think Boss' first birthday party?! hmm, he's 3 1/2 now, might be time to throw those out as well. This picture snapping is helpful; you see things you have been overlooking for years! Just wanted to show one with the drawers pulled out, to further my sales pitch.If anyone else is up to submitting photos of their fridge for the challenge -- post away or if non-bloggers email me, I'll post 'em for you! Remember no re-arranging or cleaning. . it's about getting a glimpse and capturing "real life!" So, Keep it Real!

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Whoa, girl! You went all out! Thanks! Your fridge looks chock full o'goodies!

Andria said...

It does look full doesn't it? Then why is it I can never find anything I want when I look in it?! :)

< Daniel &Emily Bayley said...

I can't believe you made a whole post about an appliance. Anyway, I've been told that "Fridge" became the short way of saying the brand name 'Frgidaire' which used to be the most common brand of household refrigerator, so that's just what everyone called them. Kind of like a tissue is still a Kleenex; a refrigerator used to be a Frigidaire, or a 'Fridge' for short. Take it or leave it....