We had a nice, full weekend while Greg was in Vegas. Thursday, Dellaina & I met my friend Marcy for dinner. It was fun to finally catch up (we'd been postponing for about 3 weeks!) and she showered us with birthday gifts. Such a sweetie! I'm thankful we make the effort to stay connected and get together every month or so.Hollie came to stay for the weekend and got there late Friday night. We had late night girl chat and into the early morning hours! Saturday, (after nap time) we did some shopping and Dellaina did well in the stores. She wanted to walk a lot and was definitely getting her exercise. At one point, when I was carrying her out, she was beating her chest and making a noise and I realized she was being a Gorilla! I'd seen Ms. Georgia do it recently at school and it amused me. We were up super late again, laying in bed talking. It's a rare and beautiful friendship where you don't seem to run out of things to talk about and I'm very thankful for it. My throat was definitely parched yesterday and everyone that I talked to asked what was wrong. I don't know why they didn't appreciate my sexy voice.
It was a beautiful day yesterday and I was shocked it was so warm. We went outside to play in the backyard and I was peeling layers off both of us. Dellaina just belly-laughs watching the dogs run around and play. I didn't make it to the mini farm, but will one day soon. We had a play date with the neighbor, Virginia, who is 15 months old. I was exhausted afterwards, but Emily & Daniel were offering a real meal, so we jumped in the car and went down to hang out with them and had yummy fajitas. Dellaina loves playing with Marble and managed not to impale herself on the coffee table or anything else this time! We both went to bed soon after getting back home. Greg made it home this morning before we left, so it's good to know he's there.

1 comment:
I can just imagine Dellaina being a gorilla! How funny! I want a video of that too (along with her walking)!!
Post a Comment